Parents, competitors and members of SKIMUSA will understand that SKIMUSA and its activities are for the benefit of competitors and parents. All are required to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with creating a positive experience for competitors and their families. As a Parent or Guardian of a child registered with SKIMUSA, and as a member of SKIMUSA, you are responsible for the conduct of your guests and other family members. SKIMUSA will not tolerate a parent or competitor yelling at or belittling a child, officials, volunteers or other parents in any way. Any and all violations of the Code of Conduct will result in sanctions and may lead to the immediate expulsion of that parent and/or competitor from an event and other SKIMUSA activities.
As a role model, competitors and their parents are influenced by my words and actions. I agree to the following:
1. I will remember that all SKIMUSA competitors participate to have fun and for the competitors to succeed.
2. I will be a positive role model for competitors and will encourage them to reach the highest levels of sportsmanship and to participate by the rules.
3. I will be respectful and courteous of others, and will encourage competitors, officials and volunteers through my positive actions and attitude.
4. I will not engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike behavior with competitors, officials or volunteers such as arguing, booing, taunting or using profane language or gestures.
5. I will treat other competitors, with respect regardless of age, race, creed, color, gender or ability.
6. I will not be aggressive or hostile towards another individual and will resolve conflicts without resorting to violence or argument.
7. I will not ridicule or yell at any other competitor or volunteer for making a mistake and will not hold them responsible for losing a competition.
8. I will respect and support the officials/judges and SKIMUSA authority during events and will never be aggressive, confrontational or disrespectful.
9. I will do my best to make Skimboarding fun for all competitors, volunteers and spectators.
Any competitor or parent that is removed from a SKIMUSA competition location for any violation of the above code of conduct will automatically be suspended from participating at least one additional event. Additional suspension time or disqualification for the SKIM season may be considered if the code of conduct violation is severe.