Each year since 2005 Skim USA has awarded two deserving students $1,000 each in scholarship money. In the past ten years, the organization has given out $22,000 to help pay for higher education.
- Eddie Dixon
- Evan Ulsh
- Russell Sullivan
- You must be a current member in good standing with Skim USA Association
- When filling out the application, print in ink or submit typewritten, however, typewritten applications are preferred.
- No application will be considered without an official transcript. You should request your school(s) to send an official transcript to the address below. Be certain to make your request in a timely fashion, to allow your school time to process and send the transcript to the Skim USA before the July 1, of the current year, deadline.
- Submit a letter of recommendation along with your application. The letter should be from someone who is not a member of your family.
- Submit a typewritten letter of at least 500 words to the Scholarship Committee detailing how skimboarding and SkimUSA has affected your life and/or prepared you for the future.
- Application and all other pertinent information must be returned to the Scholarship Committee by July 1 of the current year.
This application, along with the additional information you attached, will be used to determine your eligibility for a Skim USA Scholarship Grant. To this end you are advised to follow the directions above very carefully and complete all items asked for.
Mail all the above information to:
Skim USA Association
1904 Coastal Highway, Suite C-7
Dewey Beach, DE 19971
The Scholarship Committee will make a determination for awards no later than July 15 of the current year. The winners will be announced at the Outer Banks Skim Jam in July.
Print the Skim USA Scholarship Application
- Alex Yokley
- Ellen Wood
- Christian Lee Saludez
- Mauro Joseph Sanchirico
- Nick Yokley